i am kru english2013
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

i am kru english2013

English Education Mahasarakham University Mahasarakham Thailand

บ้านLatest imagesค้นหาสมัครสมาชิก(Register)เข้าสู่ระบบ(Log in)

What are the differences between studying in Thailand and the USA?

Go down 
+8
Jamrut009
natcha023
Peerapat028
Siriam039
Thitiphong012
Amolwan050
Thanongsak3EN
Nutthida020
12 posters
ผู้ตั้งข้อความ
Nutthida020
ครูผู้ช่วย
Nutthida020

จำนวนข้อความ : 109

What are the differences between studying in Thailand and the USA? Empty
ตั้งหัวข้อเรื่อง: What are the differences between studying in Thailand and the USA?   What are the differences between studying in Thailand and the USA? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 3:27 am

The USA is one of a dream destination for Thai students who want to study abroad. This is because they believe that the USA schools, universities and colleges are high quality. Besides, some of them decided to study in America since they want to be successful like their teachers who graduate from there. But in reality, studying in the USA is entirely different from their dream. So, when Thai students come to the United States, They will be surprised in many things that are distinct from Thailand, such as language, culture, and student life. Studying in Thailand is totally different from studying in the USA. The difference of language, culture, and student life can be the general differences that students who study in America will experience. However, wherever they study, they can be successful. If they learn and try to be open minded and understand other countries. Significantly, although there are some differences between Thailand and the USA, there is one thing that is the same. It is students’ intention to succeed in their lives.

Nutthida 4EN 020
ขึ้นไปข้างบน Go down
Thanongsak3EN
นิสิตEN

จำนวนข้อความ : 18

ตั้งหัวข้อเรื่อง: Re: What are the differences between studying in Thailand and the USA?   What are the differences between studying in Thailand and the USA? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 11:35 am

I would like to share the information I have found on the internet. I think it's interesting about Comparisons between Thai classrooms and American classrooms. These are the differences:
The first difference between Thai classrooms and American classrooms is the atmosphere. The styles of the class are very different. Most American teachers try to make the students more active in learning, but most Thai teachers teach lessons by following the books. For example, American classes usually have many activities such as working in groups and studying outdoors. Most Thai classes study in classrooms and rarely have extra activities like the American classes. Some Thai students said they were bored and could imagine how every class might be. Participation also contributes to differences in the classrooms. Most American students will pay attention when their friends ask some questions in the class. In contrast, if there is a Thai student who asks a question in his class, his classmate will look at him strangely because in Thai culture Thai children have been taught to be polite, and asking a question in the class seems to bother the teacher and all classmates. From these examples, it can be predictable that the Thai classrooms are quieter than the American classrooms.

Thanongsak Chaisena 017 3EN
ขึ้นไปข้างบน Go down
Amolwan050
ครูชำนาญการพิเศษ
Amolwan050

จำนวนข้อความ : 180
ที่อยู่ : Roi-Et

ตั้งหัวข้อเรื่อง: Re: What are the differences between studying in Thailand and the USA?   What are the differences between studying in Thailand and the USA? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 11:40 am

The different things in the general way are food, weather, custom, dressing and people but there are moreover the things below. In my opinion, the difference between Thai classrooms and American classrooms is the opportunity to do many things in classes and to use the equipment for studying. Almost all of American students can do more things in class Thai most of Thai students. In American classes, the students can eat, drink, or make jokes, but Thai students cannot do all of those in their classes because the students in the United States are more independent than Thai students. In Thai society, eating, drinking, and making jokes are the inappropriate and impolite in the classrooms because they show that students are not respecting their teachers.

Amolwan 050 3EN study  scratch
ขึ้นไปข้างบน Go down
Thitiphong012
ครูเชี่ยวชาญ
Thitiphong012

จำนวนข้อความ : 192
ที่อยู่ : ตำบลในเมือง อำเภอเมืองขอนแก่น จังหวัดขอนแก่น

ตั้งหัวข้อเรื่อง: Re: What are the differences between studying in Thailand and the USA?   What are the differences between studying in Thailand and the USA? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 11:49 am

The effects of learning especially English language are resulted from different cultures of Thailand and the United States. In comparison of two students who have success in English language, one who has a chance of living abroad can use English fluently, but another one who study the foreign language in his mother country use English accurately. The difference that is found today is emphasized on the cultural environment that is those who study a foreign language in its native country can use English for daily life fluently because of the fact that they get used to living and speaking to the native speakers. On the other hand, for those who study in their country, they face a problem; the inability of using fluent but accurate English. They have to work harder. They are good at academic-English speaking but not a daily-life English speaking.

Thitiphong 012 3EN
ขึ้นไปข้างบน Go down
Siriam039
รองผู้อำนวยการ
Siriam039

จำนวนข้อความ : 257

ตั้งหัวข้อเรื่อง: Re: What are the differences between studying in Thailand and the USA?   What are the differences between studying in Thailand and the USA? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 1:50 pm

Most American teachers try to make the students more active in learning,
but most Thai teachers teach lessons by following the books.
For example, American classes usually have many activities
such as working in groups and studying outdoors.
Most Thai classes study in classrooms and rarely have extra activities like the American classes.

>>>>> Siriam 039 3EN
ขึ้นไปข้างบน Go down
Peerapat028
นิสิตฝึกสอน
Peerapat028

จำนวนข้อความ : 50
ที่อยู่ : 이경섭's Heart

ตั้งหัวข้อเรื่อง: Re: What are the differences between studying in Thailand and the USA?   What are the differences between studying in Thailand and the USA? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 6:33 pm

In USA, you can acquire language naturally.
You will be more confident and outgoing.
You can attain various activities.

In Thai, you have a lot of food you can consume.
Good atmosphere, because no places like home.

What are the differences between studying in Thailand and the USA? Tumblr_mvk7j9nhrE1sl20r3o1_500
ขึ้นไปข้างบน Go down
natcha023
ครูเชี่ยวชาญ
natcha023

จำนวนข้อความ : 215

ตั้งหัวข้อเรื่อง: Re: What are the differences between studying in Thailand and the USA?   What are the differences between studying in Thailand and the USA? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 2:56 am

I think in the US the rules are very strict.
Some of my friends who have studied in the US told me about the rules there.
If students come to class late or break the rule,
they have to go to another room where they can't talk to friends.
They have to stay in that room alone for hours.
In the US, the students are free to share ideas and they are very quite when someone is talking.
The students there don't copy work from their friends.
I think you know what the difference between studying in Thailand and in the US.
I like the atmosphere at the US. I want to learn more and studying there could absolutely change my language skill.

....Natcha 3EN 023...
ขึ้นไปข้างบน Go down
Jamrut009
ครูเชี่ยวชาญ
Jamrut009

จำนวนข้อความ : 207
ที่อยู่ : หอพักสำาราญ มหาวิทยาลัยมหาสารคาม

ตั้งหัวข้อเรื่อง: Re: What are the differences between studying in Thailand and the USA?   What are the differences between studying in Thailand and the USA? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 7:46 am

I think there many things that are different between studying in Thailand and the USA.
First, the uniform of students is different.
In USA students can wear the uniform that they want.
They can wear jean, dress, casual wear or whatever you want to wear but in Thailand teacher do not allow student do like American students.
Teachers will blame students who do not wear school uniform.
Teacher is quite strict about this thing.
Next, I think USA is the land of English native speakers so you can practice English every time and every day so it is not difficult that you will speak English fluently.
Studying in Thailand, you will be the student who is good in naturalist and culture.

Jamrut 009 3EN
ขึ้นไปข้างบน Go down
supaphorn040
ครูชำนาญการพิเศษ
supaphorn040

จำนวนข้อความ : 170
ที่อยู่ : HELL

ตั้งหัวข้อเรื่อง: Re: What are the differences between studying in Thailand and the USA?   What are the differences between studying in Thailand and the USA? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 3:51 pm

I would like to share my experience studying in the States. First thing is the atmosphere in classroom. In the States, students are free to share their ideas. When I first went to school in Florida, I was very shy and scared to share my ideas. I thought they would make fun or judge me for what I said. That is what happened when I was in class in Thailand. Some teacher judged me or say that was wrong which embarrassed me. Unlike in Florida, everyone listened to me even though it sounded silly or even it was wrong. The teacher would tell me the answer nicely. Other students didn't make fun of me instead they clapped their hands for me. I think that it is a good way to motivate students to participate in classroom or share ideas freely. Second, the teachers in the Florida use many various activities in classroom and they don't focus on one single book. Third, the teachers are more like friends which it makes students feel comfortable to around and opened to learn new things from them.

Supaphorn 040 3EN
ขึ้นไปข้างบน Go down
Akkaradet067
ครูชำนาญการพิเศษ
Akkaradet067

จำนวนข้อความ : 171

ตั้งหัวข้อเรื่อง: Re: What are the differences between studying in Thailand and the USA?   What are the differences between studying in Thailand and the USA? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 8:18 am

I think the differences between studying in Thailand and the USA are...
- study time a day in USA is less than in Thailand.
- student in the US are free to share their ideas but student in Thailand has to believe what teacher teach.
- teaching in Thailand is a lecturing.
- in the US, there has no uniform in school.

Akkaradet 067 3EN
ขึ้นไปข้างบน Go down
tanawat059
นิสิตฝึกสอน
tanawat059

จำนวนข้อความ : 62

ตั้งหัวข้อเรื่อง: Re: What are the differences between studying in Thailand and the USA?   What are the differences between studying in Thailand and the USA? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 10:27 am

I haven't been to study abroad yet but I think the differences between two places might be ......
-various people come from various counties study the same area, so the thinking of each person might be different from each other even they are talking about the same story.
- In USA, the students are taught to be free to share their idea freely,but Thai students like to be ordered or given order to do something.
- In USA, most students like learning by doing experiment or doing more than reading a book and doing a test like what Thai people often do.
- In USA, most people like asking before doing, but Thai people like doing before asking

Tanawat
3EN 059
ขึ้นไปข้างบน Go down
tawatchai003
ครูชำนาญการ
tawatchai003

จำนวนข้อความ : 150

ตั้งหัวข้อเรื่อง: Re: What are the differences between studying in Thailand and the USA?   What are the differences between studying in Thailand and the USA? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 2:03 am

Higher education is something that varies from institution to institution. There is no one size fits all on how an individuals college experience is going to be, something you can't have with an online education. Every university has its own rules and guidelines for both social standards and academic reputation. This being said there are definitely some similarities and common ground between all the universities in the United States of America just like there are some common themes and similarities between the universities across Europe. The standards that the United States of America's universities uphold are quite different from the standards that the universities in Europe uphold. There is a different culture in both places and this fact is certainly reflected in the high education systems of each respective country.

Tawatcahi003
ขึ้นไปข้างบน Go down

What are the differences between studying in Thailand and the USA?
ขึ้นไปข้างบน 
หน้า 1 จาก 1