i am kru english2013
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

i am kru english2013

English Education Mahasarakham University Mahasarakham Thailand

บ้านLatest imagesค้นหาสมัครสมาชิก(Register)เข้าสู่ระบบ(Log in)

how to speak british accent

Go down 
ผู้ตั้งข้อความ
Sasithorn040 4EN
ครูชำนาญการพิเศษ
Sasithorn040 4EN

จำนวนข้อความ : 185

how to speak british accent Empty
ตั้งหัวข้อเรื่อง: how to speak british accent   how to speak british accent Icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2014 2:25 am

Start with the Rs. Understand that in most British accents speakers don't roll their Rs (except for those from Scotland, Northumbria, Northern Ireland, and parts of Lancashire), but not all British accents are the same. For example, a Scottish accent varies greatly from an English accent. After a vowel, don't pronounce the R, but draw out the vowel and maybe add an "uh" (Here is "heeuh"). In words like "hurry", dont blend the R with the vowel. Say "huh-ree". Pronounce U in stupid and in duty with the ew or "you" sound. Avoid the oo as in an American accent; thus it is pronounced stewpid or commonly schewpid, not stoopid, etc. duty would be pronounced dewty or more often jooty. In the standard English accent, the A (for example, in father) is pronounced at the back of the mouth with an open throat—it sounds like "arh". This is the case in pretty much all British accents, but it's exaggerated in RP. In southern England and in RP, words such as "bath", "path", "glass", "grass" also use this vowel (barth, parth, glarss, grarss, etc.). However, in other parts of Britain "bath", "path", etc. sound like "ah".

Belinda
ขึ้นไปข้างบน Go down

how to speak british accent
ขึ้นไปข้างบน 
หน้า 1 จาก 1